Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Present Mother

If I had my child to raise all over again,
I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I'd finger-paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
~Diane Loomans

The moment I became a mother, I made the choice to BE A MOTHER. To be there and to show my love with my actions not my dollars. My biggest goal as a parent is to not only raise my daughter with the tools that she needs to get through life but the ability to love who she is and live happy. This is the first post of a blog that will be about my adventures as a mother: from fun experiences, to cooking, to crafts, to juggling my business, to what I do for me, and all the randomness in between. Above all, this blog will be about enjoying this life as a mother and cherishing every moment.


18 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your life. I can relate to wanting to be a present mother. I can also relate to the struggle and work it takes to do that! It's hard sometimes with jobs to be worked, houses to be cleaned, bills to be paid, etc. It takes a lot of effort, but is worth it in the end.

    I found you on the TGIF Blog Hop

    http://itsadomelife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely worth it! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Looking forward to reading more of your posts. :)

      Delete
  2. Hip Hip Hooray! Being a mother is one thing. Making the choice to be a good strong wonderful role model mother is another! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! I love this and it's so true. So glad to "meet" you and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to meet you too Meredith. Looking forward to reading more of you blog. :)

      Delete
  4. Beautifully said. Congrats on your new blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Nice to meet you & thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to meet you! Thanks for stopping by mine also. :)

      Delete
  6. That's a really beautiful quote. It's so nice to meet you.
    I'm stopping by from the TGIF Blog Hop. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! Nice to meet you, too! :)

      Delete
  7. Awwww cuuuuute! Love this picture and looking forward to hearing all our wonderful stories and getting to know you better! How exciting you're just starting like me! So i'm not too far behind =) xoxo I still can't figure out how to change my profile picture...it keeps showing that stupid Open Id Image lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea, I think I'm newer than you! I love reading your blog so far and can't wait to get to know you better. :) I think if you have a google account and add a picture it will show up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bah! it's not working and i'm looking forward to getting to know you better xoxoxo this is so much fun! cuz you keep making me giggle and my husband is just glaring at me! lol

      Delete
  9. I love this. It's what I strive to do/be, but then life gets in the way sometimes. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about life getting in the way! It definitely takes work, but I think as long as we are putting effort into it, we are doing just fine. :)

      Delete
  10. My kids are grown now but I feel same way with grandkids! Ran down the beach with my 4 year old grand Baby! Best day best laugh I've ever heard!

    ReplyDelete