Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Back to School

The craziness of the school year begins. No more sleeping in, no more lazy days, and no more lounging around the house till noon in our jammies, I'm ashamed to admit that happened quite a bit. Welcome back morning rush, packing lunches, helping with homework, & after school activities. It's going to be a busy
year. My preschool starts back up on Thursday, Fall term begins at the end of the month (in school to get my Bachelors Degree), and The Princess is going to be doing 3 extracurricular activities this year. The summer was relaxing, but I think we are both ready for our busy school year schedule.

Today she began 2nd grade. We picked out her first day of school outfit last night, so it was ready to go this morning when she woke up. To fuel up for learning, she got a special first day of school breakfast: Mickey Mouse waffles, because every kid should go to school with a sugar rush on their first day! We did our normal first day of school routine: pictures at the front door before leaving the house, pictures at her desk, me lingering in the classroom till her teacher hints for me to leave... Am I the ultimate clingy mom? After school we got an special treat and she told me about her day. Sounds like she had a blast.

She had a wonderful first day of school and is very excited to go back tomorrow. I think it's going to be a good year. :)