Monday, September 3, 2012

Summer Vacation

I was raised in So Cal, and I am a sunshine girl. Nothing makes me happier than waking up to sunshine creeping in my room in the morning. 7years ago, 3 days after the Princess was born my husband at the time moved us to the rainy state of Oregon. It is gray and rainy for 9 months of the year with a couple sunny days thrown in if we are lucky. I have grown to love it here, but the rain and lack of sun
is hard for me. So when summer finally comes, I am a very happy girl! This summer, the Princess and I went on a trip to So Cal for a month. Yes, a whole month! Just have to add in that I love being my own boss and having summers off, Yea!!

We arrived just in time for the 4th of July. Every year, my great aunt does a big family gathering.We visited with the family, pigged out on the amazing food, and did fireworks. Doesn't get any better than that for me!

The Princess with her cousins. It's been two years since she's seen them, but they all had such a good time together. She's really missing them already. 


My aunts and the Princess. Love these ladies! They are such a big part of making me the woman I am today.


Sparklers! I'm not going to lie, they still make me a little nervous. I was good and let her have some fun! I need to get over my helicopter mom instincts. 




Of course we had to visit Disneyland a couple times. This was the Princess' 3rd time, but I think it will be the first time that she remembers when she gets older. Both days that we went we stayed from morning till close. We were so tired at the end, but it was totally worth it. I am a bit of a Disney fanatic, but I won't get into that right now. :)

Two very excited girls ready to have some fun! 



Pouty tinks! We visited Pixie Hollow and saw Tink and a couple other fairies. Totally worth the line to see the Princess' expression when meeting Tinkerbelle. :)



Mickey Mouse! Tip: If you want to see lots of characters, hang out at the very front of the park on Main Street. As soon as you see one you have to run over to them and jump in line because the lines get long very quickly. The princess filled her autograph book up with this little trick.


I thought this was very cool! It was an activity set up after visiting Merida, the princess, from Brave. The line to see her was a very painful hour, but the princess was very excited when we finally got to the front.


In Fantasyland there is a place called the Fantasy Faire where you can wait in line to see the Princesses. There is a stage behind that area where they do shows. This is a picture of The Princess dancing at the Princess Coronation Ceremony. I definitely recommend it if you have a little princess of your own. :)


The fireworks show was absolutely beautiful! We found a spot in front of the castle about an hour before the show. It was tough to sit and wait, but ended up being totally worth it!




We frequently visited the beaches. We went to Santa Monica, Venice, Huntington, Bolsa Chica, & Sunset. If you are going to be in So Cal and want a nice somewhat beach that isn't very crowded I would recommend Sunset Beach. Parking is a little harder to find, but it is free which is always a bonus. Also, probably obvious from the name, but there is a gorgeous view of the sunset (pictured below).


Notice how we are all bundled up? This was my very first beach day of the vacation and I was a bit disappointed! Bolsa Chica tends to be a little more windy than the other beaches in my past experiences. We did not visit that beach again...




The Princess had a blast playing with her cousins! Having an only child, I really appreciate when other children are around to play with her. I love playing with her, but I have to admit that I'm just not as fun as the little people...





The Princess and I with my high school best friend. Not going to lie, a little jealous of that no kid body!! Notice my trick of hiding behind the Princess. You'll notice it more as I post other pictures. :)





These are my favorite beach pictures from the trip. The princess and I watched the sunset of Sunset Beach. It was just the two of us and it was the most amazing evening ever. There is nothing like watching a sunset or sunrise. It is just one of the most peaceful things you can experience.





A few other wonderful things that we did on our vacation....

A good friends wedding. She looked absolutely beautiful!



My cousin/ God sister/ Best friend's Graduation party. I love this girl so much!!

Pirate dinner show at Pirate Dinner Adventure in Buena Park California. It's not far from Knott's Berry Farm. If you are ever in the area you should try it out. The food is good and the show is funny. It's a bit cheesy, but kids will love it.



One last picture of The Princess with her Great Great Grandmother and Great Grandfather. It was such a blessing to visit with my Ba-Chaun while we were in So Cal because we just don't know how many more of these visits we will get.


Our vacation was absolutely wonderful and went by way too fast. Visiting all of our family and friends was amazing and I feel so blessed that we were able to take such a fun vacation. Sorry for the picture overload!

Thanks so much for reading if you got through this post! Did you go on a vacation this summer? If so, do you have any good tips about the places you went? If so I'd love to hear them in a comment!

Take care and God bless! 













2 comments:

  1. From one helicopter mom to another I totally understand your fear of sparklers. It looks like you had an amazing vacation! I love all of the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I'm glad that I'm not the only one! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete