Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Why I Love Being A Preschool Teacher



I start my day with 10 amazing little hugs. They aren't one handed half hugs. They are tight embraces that say, "I love you". The amazing thing about kids is that they love unconditionally. Most adults have conditions. I love you if... But not kids. They love with their whole hearts and they don't hold back
.

With kids I can be me without worrying about what they think. I can be silly and I can have fun. Some days we build towers taller than the kids, others we turn into an animals or princesses, and sometimes we can even fly. When we are feeling really adventurous we do all of those things at once. We sing a lot, and sometimes I even break into random song and dance, and do you know what the kids do? They join me of course...

One of my favorite parts of the day is art. It's so fun to watch children paint because they are all artists. As we grow up, sadly we are molded into what society believes we should be and many lose the ability to create art. We don't believe in magic, we don't believe in miracles, and we over think everything. Children are wild and carefree. They have open minds and open hearts and because of that the art flows from them and they are able to create the most amazing masterpieces because they don't over think it. It's beautiful, and I am lucky enough to witness it on a regular basis.

There are so many wonderful parts of my job that I could go on and on. I would have to say that the most amazing part is getting to be part of such a wonderful stage of development. I know that whether or not they remember me, I am a part of who they will become. I get to help build a strong foundation that not only prepares them for school, but it also prepares them for life. I  try to teach the important things. To be kind to their friends, to be aware and observe the miracles all around them, to use their words to express their feelings, to paint without thinking about it, to dance without a care, to always use their manors, and many other things, but most of all to love life and to love learning. My only hope is that they can hold on to these lessons as they grow older.

Which brings me to the downside of my job. They all have to move on to kindergarten. I love them all so much and always miss them, but I know that it's just a part of what I do.

I constantly am asked about my job... "Do the kids drive you crazy?" "How could you work with kids?" I'm not going to lie, there are occasionally challenging moments, but even with those, as far as I'm concerned I have the best job in existence. I would rather work with kids over adults any day. And seriously, how many of you get to turn into flying animal princesses at work?

16 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! I've been one of those to say "HOW DO YOU PEOPLE DO IT?!?!" So it was refreshing to see this side of it.

    Kudos to you, and a beautifully written post! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I guess a lot of people are! Thank you. :)

      Delete
  2. What a heart warming post. It is wonderful there are people like you teaching our little children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that each group! I worked with preschool aged children for years. They are so much fun and so honest. I love how they live in the moment. Your students are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, love that about kids. I try to live that way, but as an adult, it's just not the same as when you had no worries. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  4. Seriously don't know how you do it but I am so thankful that there are people out there like you for our children and for that Thank you! Thank you for all your hard work AND I'm nominating you for the Sunshine Award xoxoox more details on my page xoxo lub yah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks girly. And another award? Thanks sooo much!! You are so sweet. I still need to post for the Versatile Blogger award! I will get on them tonight. :)

      Delete
  5. I have nominated you for the sunshine blogger award because you are awesome!.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a refreshingly inspirational post! With the over emphasis on academic standards and achievement at the grade school and secondary levels, I wish there is more of an emphasis on character, creativity, and compassion. Too much time is spent on learning overload than opportunities for "love and understanding". Society is advancing technologically, but not at the "human" level: I am seeing more impatience, disrespect, intolerance, and more negative qualities than the positive qualities exhibited by "older" children (I teach high school). Reading your post re-affirms what we need to focus more on which will enable children as they get older to see the true value of learning. Thank you for sharing your experiences. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post too, lol. I love that you feel like you're apart of what they'll become. I can only hope for the same with my kids early teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo for early childhood! Funny thing is though, the "What friends think I do" picture pretty much IS what I do some days! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. kindergarten school in india are an extension for your child's quality learning experience that begins with our kids play school and Nursery programs and aims at preparing kids for a successful career.
    kids play school
    franchise for play school in goa

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post is very useful for us. Because we have a lot of
    tips and tricks from this post. Thank you for this amazing post share. I many
    tips about bd jobs as well. If you want to know more about a career sites, please visit our website.

    www.bd-career.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just made up my mind, I will be a ECD major:) Thanks

    ReplyDelete