Wednesday, October 17, 2012

30 before 30


This last March, I turned 25. It really got me thinking. It's kind of crazy to think that in just 5 years I will be 30. I know that 30 isn’t even close to being old, but it’s a milestone for sure. It made me think about all of the things I have always wanted to do and never gotten around to. I have heard of people doing a 30 before 30 list (I’m sure many bloggers have done them) and I thought why not? I’ve got goals, why not have a list that helps me stick to them? Maybe my list is a bit ambitious (my fiance thinks so... )  and as a mother it's a little weird to have a list all about what I want, but I think it will be good for me. Hopefully I can complete it.
Here it is…



1.      Finish my Bachelor’s degree

2.      Run a marathon

3.      Learn to sew and make something for my daughter to wear

4.      Take a photography class

5.      Learn to drive stick shift

6.      Learn to parallel park

7.      Swim with dolphins

8.      Grow my hair out and donate to Locks of Love

9.      Write a book (doesn’t have to get published)

10.   Read the Bible cover to cover

11.   Visit New York

12.   Volunteer at a soup kitchen

13.   Take a road trip

14.   Print my digital photos and put them in albums

15.   Perform in a play

16.   Try snowboarding

17.   Go to Disneyworld

18.   Participate in a Flash Mob

19.   Go to Vegas

20.   Go scuba diving

21.   Host a fancy dinner party and serve at least 5 courses

22.   Go wine tasting

23.   Get to my goal weight by living a healthier lifestyle (no fad diets!)

24.   Give my house an organization makeover

25.   Learn to play a song on the guitar

26.   Grow a small veggie garden in the backyard

27.   Take swing dance lessons

28.   Pay it forward Project

29.   Meet my half siblings

30.   Take an international trip


If you want to do a list, it really doesn’t matter how old you are. You can do a 40 before 40 or a 50 before 50. I think it’s a great idea to get some goals in writing and start completing them. If you decide to do a list of your own, post a link in the comments. I’d love to support as you complete your list!

30 comments:

  1. Love your list and most of them are pretty doable! I'm sure you'll be able to do most, if not all. Boy! I wish I was 25 again! (even though I remember a friend? wishing me 'Happy quarter of a century' which I didn't think it was funny!) Yes, 30 didn't please me one bit. I didn't mind 40 (I'm 42) but becoming 30 meant not being in my twenties anymore. I felt it was really a milestone and I wasn't ready for it. Oh well! Happy belated birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That's too funny! I did a litte get together for my 25th and the invite said "Quarter of a Century!" I don't think turning 30 will be a big deal for me in a negative way, but we'll see how I feel when I get there. Thank you!

      Delete
    2. I stopped by again to let you know that I nominated you for the 'Sunshine Blogger Award'! Stop by at http://thegreekhousewife.blogspot.gr/ to check it out! Congratulations!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! I love your list. Wish I had done some of those things before 30! My brother (not by blood - I'm adopted) called me on my 30th (2 months ago) and told me I was closer to 60 than birth now. LOL He's 12 years older than me, so I didn't take it hard. :) Here's to your 30 before 30 becoming reality! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Oh that's a funny way to think about it!! Thank you. :)

      Delete
  3. I'll be 40 next July. I may try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your list!! I'm 34 so a 40/40 might be doable. What I really wish was that we lived closer to each other because I want to be your best friend!! I think you are so cool and talented and an inspiration to not only battered/single mothers but to just women in general. - I hope you blog about each accomplishment you make from this list. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh April! You've totally got me tearing up over here!! I wish we were closer too! Maybe someday when our kids are older, all of us blog mommas can meet up somewhere for a girl's weekend. That would be so fun! I will definitely be blogging about each thing I check off. :)

      Delete
  5. parallel park and stick shift?? u r not gpa grandchild if u can't do either of those yet. lets go shooting in vegas then you can add learn how to shoot a gun to your list and replace you kno which one LOL hahaha gpa used to take us shooting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! Do you not know my fiance? D collects guns. I've been shooting dear. ;)

      Delete
  6. u might have already did the swim with dolphins thing when we went to hawaii in 92

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Well, I don't remember it! So I'll do it again. :)

      Delete
  7. What a great idea and it seems like your list is very do-able. I'm surprised that you lived in So California but never made it to Vegas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I moved before I hit 21, if not I'm sure I would have gone. The funny thing is that I moved to Reno for a while and that's in the same state. Haha! Oh well, I'll get there soon. :)

      Delete
  8. You can do it...all 30. I'm rooting for you! I'm 40....wondering if I should make a 45 before 45 list!? Ok, I can hear you laughing and saying, "Man, that's a lot!!" ;-). I'm laughing too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 45 before 45, Why not?? You should totally do it! I'll support you through your journey if you decide to! :D

      Delete
  9. Glad you didn't call this a bucket list at 25 ;) Love the list. I've done a lot of these, but at my age it would be more appropriate to call it a bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Oh, it's still not even appropriate for YOU to call it a bucket list either!

      Delete
  10. Hmmm...you've inspired me to do a list. But it would be 50 before 50. Yikes...is that a bucket list?
    Very cool blog...and you have a great list!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure that would be bucket status yet? I love love love your blog! Would it be weird to say I'm honored that you stopped by? Haha! Hope you post your list. Can't wait to read it! :)

      Delete
  11. Newest follower here! I found you through the Friday blog hop! Cute blog, I can’t wait to read more!
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Will check out your blog. :)

      Delete
  12. That is a great list! I need to make one for before I hit the big 40. I'd better get on it quickly - I'll be there too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should post it. I would love to see what you'd have on yours. :)

      Delete
  13. I love this! I'll be 40 in April.I might need to get moving on my own list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty close, but I'm sure you could do it. Hope to read it if you do. :)

      Delete
  14. I think your list is terrific. I am sure you can get those things done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have a lot of the same things on our list, however, I am a lot closer to 30 than you are! Only one year away for me! :o)

    I think my favorite on your list that isn't on mine is 'participate in a flash mob'. :o) I've never seen one in person, but they look like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete