Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Baked Teriyaki Chicken Recipe

Last night I made teriyaki chicken for the first time in a while. It was amazing and I wondered why I hadn't made it in so long. The princess said, "You should make this every day!". When your child says something like that, there is only one thing to do... blog about it!

This is such an easy recipe! I got this recipe from my Grandma years ago. I do it from memory, so I'm not sure if I've changed a couple things from hers, but it tastes the same and that is all that matters to me. :)

*Disclaimer- This is not a diet recipe. But it's so insanely good that you won't care...

Time:

Prep time: 1 day before 30 minutes, day of 10 minutes

Cook time: 1 hour 20 minutes

What you'll need:

(recipe can be altered to your needs)

3 lbs of chicken, best with skin (I like to use drumsticks and thighs)
2 cups soy sauce
1.5 cup white sugar
1/2 medium onion sliced
3 cloves garlic minced
2 tbsp ground ginger
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp lemon juice

Directions:

Night before- In a large bowl, mix soy sauce and sugar, and stir very well. Add onion, garlic, ginger, pepper, & lemon and mix. Then add chicken and try to submerge in sauce as much as possible. Allow to marinate over night.



In the morning- Pull out and mix chicken around so that the pieces on top are now on bottom and covered in sauce. That way all pieces are able to soak up the sauce.

Ready to cook- Preheat oven to 350. Put chicken in a baking dish (you may need 2) so that the bottom is face up and pour sauce over. Cook 40 minutes then flip so that the chicken is now right side up. Cook another 30 minutes. Cut one piece of chicken to make sure that it is thoroughly cooked (no pink). Then turn oven up to 400 and cook 10 more minutes.


Allow to cool for 10 minutes then serve with sides of choice. We like to pour the sauce over steamed rice.



If you decide to make this, I hope you enjoy! Thanks for reading! Take care and God bless!



6 comments:

  1. I put way more sugar and more ingredients in my teriaki chicken I also peel the skin EWW but GPA loves the skin he asks me to leave skin on his :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do more sugar too, but reduced it and it's just as good. What other ingredients do you use?

      Delete
    2. Apple cidar vinegar, honey key ingredient and i grate fresh ginger not ground ginger also i use green onions and i let marinade for 2 days or at least 1 day. the breast pieces were the ones ev liked the most when u guys came over for dinner the first night. if you dont have time i simmer the chicken in marinade on stove just a little bit before I broil it in the oven helps to sink in the juices

      Delete
  2. Hi, I'm Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com) visiting from the Mommy Brain Mixer.

    Mmmm, this looks delish! Must try. Thanks for sharing!

    Anyway, it’s nice to "meet" you. I hope you can pop over to my blog and say hi sometime if you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! I found your blog from the Mommy Brain Mixer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious! I am going to see if I can pin this into my pinterest recipes!

    ReplyDelete