Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fruit Jack-O-Lantern (Tutorial)

I know I've already mentioned this, but I kind of LOVE Halloween. I will be making a Halloween themed dinner before we go trick or treating. One of the things I pre-made, is Fruit Jack-o-lanterns. They are adorable, healthy, and so easy to make!





Fruit Jack-O-Lantern Tutorial

 

What you'll need:

Grapefruit- however many you'd like to make
Fruit- grapes, strawberry halves, chopped cantaloupe, etc.
Knife- I prefer a paring knife


Cut the top off of the grapefruit



 Use the knife to cut around the fruit inside and loosen it. Scoop fruit out with your hand or a spoon.



Cut a very small amount off of the bottom. Do not fully cut through the skin, just cut enough to let the grapefruit stand level.





Carve a jack-o-lantern face as desired.



Fill with fruit.





Ready to serve. The strawberry sticking out of the mouth was a happy accident!




I have done this with Oranges and small mandarin oranges also, but It is easiest with the grapefruit. Plus you can fit more fruit. inside. Thanks for reading!

Happy Halloween!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! A healthy and pretty snack for the festivities! Thanks for joining my link party. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Tina! Always love linking up with you and finding new friends. :)

      Delete
  2. I have never seen anything like this! Such a great idea! I'm going to pin it for next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! My kids would love this! :)
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Melissa! Yea, they are a big hit with the kiddos. My daughter and her friends love when I make them. :)

      Delete