Monday, October 15, 2012

Halloween Trick or Treat Ghost Decoration (tutorial)

It's that spooky time of year again! One of my favorite decorations that I have out this year is my Trick or Treat Ghosts. When I was a little girl, my aunt made a couple of these, and this year I decided to give it a try. Here's how you can make your own...


Halloween Trick or Treat Ghosts Tutorial

Supplies:

Foam block (measurements 15/16 in x11 15/16 in x 17 15/16 in)
2- 7 inch round foam pieces
Foam wreath (1 7/8 in x 1 7/8 in x 11 3/4 in)
Floral plant stakes (These can be substituted if you have something similar handy)
2 pairs of your old jeans
2 pairs of children's boots
2 3'x3' pieces of white fabric
String or yarn
glue gun
black felt
2 pumpkin candy holders
2 hats (optional)



Cut the foam block into 4 long pieces, and cut about a foot off the bottom of each pant leg of the old pairs of jeans.

Put each of the foam blocks into a boot and put the jeans over. Tie a piece of yarn or string around the top part of each of the pant legs to hold them in place.


Cut the foam wreath in half. put a garden stake into each leg use glue gun to apply glue and then attach a wreath half to each ghost.


Put a floral stake attaching the two legs to stabilize. I used glue on each side to hold it in place.



Put Floral stake where you would like head to go. Attach head using glue to hold in place. Put white fabric over each foam body (I liked the corner in the front, but you can arrange it however you like) and use piece of string or yarn to tie around "neck".

Cut 2 pairs of eyes and 2 mouths from black felt. Use glue gun to apply them to ghost faces. Put on hats and glue trick or treat bags where you would like them.




Aren't they adorable?

*They could be made sturdier by using a U- shaped piece of wood instead of foam for the body, but I didn't have the tools to make one. If you do, that may work out better.

I hope this tutorial is simple enough for anyone who chooses to make these. If you have any questions, let me know in a comment and I'll get back to you. :)





14 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun project! I love Halloween and I miss it since we don't have Halloween in Greece. We have the Carnival in February but it's totally different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, no Halloween? It's one of my favorite holidays! I love dressing up and handing out candy. I would definitely miss it if I moved somewhere that it wasn't celebrated.

      Delete
  2. hi there! I saw your blog on GFC blog hop and I'm now following you! I hope you follow my blogs as well... cheers!

    www.citybehindthefog.blogspot.com
    www.officiallygirlyfied.blogspot.com
    www.psychochicklessons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll check out your blogs. :)

      Delete
  3. Hey there!

    Stopping by from the GFC blog hop! :) New follower!

    xoxo
    Anni // http://grapefruitprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute!! Thanks so much for sharing + linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Super creative and way above my comfort zone as I suck at anything crafty, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sure you could do them! Super easy. :)

      Delete
  6. Cute! I love those little ghosts! :)
    Dropping by from the GFC blog hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so cute! They remind me of those crying kids people made a decade a go and would put in the corner. They were so cute until the Blair Witch came out and then they were creepy...haha! Perfect for Halloween. The ghosts are adorable. I think they look really cute on either side of your door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember the crying kids, but Blair witch was pretty creepy! I will have to google those!

      Delete