Friday, October 5, 2012

I am_______. Who are you?

I found this writing prompt through You Know It Happens At Your House Too who challenged her followers to try it. She found i through According to Mags, who found it somewhere else and now I keep seeing all of my favorite blogs posting it. I loved it when I read it, but I honestly just didn't think I'd be able to think of anything. But, a little voice in my head keeps saying, "Just do it!" So here it goes...

The rules:
Set a timer for 5 minutes. Write using the I am________ prompt. Do not Edit or proof read. Don't think about it. Just write until the timer goes off.

ME!!
I am a mother to a beautiful 7 year old girl. She's a firecracker and can be a handful at times, but I do my best and I think I have done pretty good so far.

I am a survivor of domestic violence. I was married to a physically and mentally abusive man for 3 years. The day I decided to leave, I realized how strong I really am.

I am Christian, and I try to be a good one. But I don't go to church nearly enough.

I am a cinderella story. I grew up very poor and have worked hard to never let my daughter live that life.

I am silly. I dance to the beat of my own drum and I don't care if you think I'm weird.

I am a dancer, just not a very good one anymore...

I am optimistic. I always try to see the bright side of things, even when it seems to others like there may not be one.

I am a cryer. I cry when a sad commercial comes on, I cry when there is tragedy, and I sometimes cry when I'm happy.

I am sensitive. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words cut me deep.

I am an insomniac and get so much done when the rest of the world is asleep.

I am a lover of arts and a wanna be artist.

I am a perfectionist, which makes me push myself to do better.

I am cake maker. I like to make children's dream cakes happen.

I am not the best writer, but I love getting my thoughts out thre anyway.

I am terrible with money!

I am a planner, but things never go as


Wow, I got a lot more written down in 5 minutes than I would have guessed! Once I started writing the thoughts just flowed. This was such an empowering activity. I encourage everyone to take 5 minutes today and try it! Even if you don't blog, grab a piece of paper and write it down.

Take care and God bless. :)

29 comments:

  1. Great post! Nice to get to know you better! It's interesting to find that we're much alike in at least half of what you wrote! Maybe I should try it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You make me feel as if I need to re-write mine!! hehehe It was beautiful! I'm a cryer and I'm sensitive too! =*( Thanks sweetie for sharing that was beautiful! You're a cake maker!!! I wanna cake! Yummmmm Love you hun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! I'd love to make you a cake! :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! You are so strong and amazing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You forgot beautiful, but I guess you put in the picture for that. Nicely done, you should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Everytime I read your posts I find you even more endearing and fantastic! BTW, you are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, that goes both ways! Thanks so much. :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the follow, I followed back :) I love your lipstick.

    Thank you for linking up with Super Sunday Sync!
    http://dawnsdisaster.blogspot.com/2012/10/super-sunday-sync-4.html
    We hope you come back next week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following back! And thank you, I'm all about the red. :)

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed reading your list. How great to have so much optimism when it seems like you have indeed been through a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate! I think that the optimism is part of what has helped me get through it all. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  8. I'm a total cryer too. I'm glad you stopped by BreakForMoms.com! I look forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I'm not alone! Haha! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  9. This is a great writing prompt! Great list!
    Glad I found you- or you found me- or whatever!
    Following back!
    EMily
    www.weakandloved.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for reading emily. i'm looking forward to reading more of your blog. 6 kids, wow! Thanks for following back. :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks so much for stopping by and following. Glad you found my blog. I love your blog and following back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Looking forward to reading more of your blog. :)

      Delete
  11. I LOVE this prompt and I am def trying this! Found you on bloggy moms blog hop!
    - April @ http://amomreportingforduty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! You should definitely try it, I'd love to read your list. :)

      Delete
  12. What a great way to get to know someone or a blogger! You have a nice way of writing and looking forward to reading more of your posts!

    Amy
    www.ridingnycwithamy.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sure are gorgeous (inside and out)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. You sound like an amazing young woman. I wish I was that put together and I'm 40. It's so nice to meet you. Love the prompt. Going to do it now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You sound like an amazing young woman. I wish I was as put together. Nice to meet you and I love the prompt! ;-)

    ReplyDelete