Friday, October 12, 2012

The invisibility setting on your car must not be working...

Today, I was going about my own business driving The Princess home from school. We stopped at a light and I look over and see a woman flossing her teeth. Ewww! Maybe I'm alone on this, but I was pretty grossed out. Sometimes I wonder if people believe that they are invisible when they get in the car.  I've got news lady, I can see you flossing your lunch out of your teeth!

The sad part is that it isn't even the grossest thing I've ever witnessed someone doing in their car. So here for you, I have prepared a list of the 5 grossest things I have witnessed people doing in their car (We'll put flossing at number 6):

1. Digging For Gold



We've all seen it at one point or another. The guy in the car next to you is going to town trying to discover hidden treasures... Or maybe it was a scratch? Either way, dude, I can see you! (By the way: I make a conscious effort to make my nose scratches very obvious because of that episode of Seinfield! Haha!)

2. Toenail Clippings

I don't care if you have the cutest little feet that smell like roses. They gross me out!! The last thing I want to look over and see while I'm out for a drive is you lifting your NASTY foot up and clipping your toenails. And what are you doing with the clippings?? I don't even want to think about it!

3. Pimple Popping


I totally get that you don't want that huge nasty pimple staring people in the eye, but seriously! Save it for the privacy of your own bathroom! Plus, a dirty mirror has got to be a safety hazard...

4. Cleaning Your Ears

Waxy build up? I don't want to see you digging a q-tip in your ear!! In fact, did you know that cleaning your ears with a q-tip can actually be bad for you? Most ear wax is actually good for you and works as a protective coating for the ear canal and protects you from infection (A little fun fact for ya!)

 

5. X Rated Activities


You're young, you're out having an amazing first, second, whatever date. Things get a little heated in the car... I don't care if you want to drive to some desolate spot in the middle of the night, that's your business. But please, don't do inappropriate things on the road where I or more importantly MY CHILD could possibly see you! Seriously, the best option is to just GET A ROOM!


I know it is a free country and you can do what you want, where you want (except for that last one), but just try to keep in mind that I can see you! So remember, your car is not invisible. If you don't want to be seen doing it, it's probably a good idea to wait till you get to your destination.

What gross things have you seen people doing on the road? Or in public? I'd love to hear about it in a comment!

21 comments:

  1. lmao! hahahaha what are you talkin' about i do all those things ALL the time =p hahahaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! Well, as long as you don't mind being seen doing it... :)

      Delete
  2. These are really gross! I agree with you! I have one for you: How about people rolling down their window and spitting?!!! Yack!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a cute blog post. I've seen many of these things as well especially when I was riding back and forth to California in the truck with my husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I bet you saw a lot of interesting stuff being in a truck that long!

      Delete
  4. Toenail clipping? That's one I have not seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yuck! I don't think I have anything to add to that list. You got me with the first one! Too gross! I have seen the nose picking as well. :D

    I'm popping in to say thanks for linking up on last week's Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop! Don't forget to link today if you haven't already. Have a great weekend!

    Tina - mom of 4 and author of 5 blogs
    http://abooksandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Christina. Heading over to link up now. :)

      Delete
  6. Once I saw someone putting on mascara. Not so much gross as dangerous!

    Found you over on October Blog Hop 2012. Come by and say hello:)

    http://elizakprints.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eliza, thanks for stopping by! Don't even get me started on the dangerous things. That list would be so much longer! Texting would definitely be number 1!

      Delete
  7. Eww! I definitely haven't had the opportunity to see most of these things. Visualizing the toe clipping made me gag! ugggghhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was so gross!!! That time was funny because the guy actually looked over and I'm pretty sure he could see the disgust in my eyes! Haha! Then I had to laugh of course...

      Delete
  8. LOL! I have only every seen nose picking!! You are having fun driving. OR NOT YUCK

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHA!!! This is too funny.... and sadly I must confess, as a dental hygiene student, I am guilty of pulling out my flossers in public places! I'll think twice next time! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Too funny! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  10. Oh my gosh!!! I was just cracking up at all of these!!! I see nose pickers all the TIME! I mean, gross! You know they don't wash their hands after they do that. I have yet to see anyone floss their teeth, but that would be just as gross.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It is shocking how many nose pickers are out there! And soo gross!

      Delete
  11. How can someone floss their teeth and drive at the same time? That is crazy! This list is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! We were at a stoplight. I'm not that talented! Haha!

      Delete