Thursday, October 25, 2012

You've Been Boo-ed!

A few days ago, I discovered Boo-ing. I was very excited because I had seen the ghost signs in a few windows last Halloween while trick or treating and wondered what they were. Last night, The Princess and I started our own Boo, a fun new Halloween tradition for our family! Hope it spreads like crazy!

Oh, you don't know what boo-ing is? Well, let me explain...


Boo-ing is kind of like a fun chain letter, Halloween style!

To start a Boo, all you have to do is leave a Halloween treat at a neighbor or friends front door (you can also leave it at a friends work station). You must also include a poem (instructions) and a picture of a ghost for them to post in their window so that they are not double boo-ed.

I searched and searched for the perfect printable. You see, most Boo-ing takes place in your own neighborhood. However, my daughter goes to school in the next town over, and wanted to Boo her friends from school. One thing I really liked about the printable I found is that the instructions say to Boo a "neighbor or friend" vs just saying to Boo a neighbor. It is black and white and you can download the ghost and poem for free, here.


Our Boo Treats



We decided to start our Boo with two treats. I purchased everything at our local Michaels (I know, it's my home away from home). We started with two Halloween themed buckets. We filled them with stickers, glow bracelets, some glow in the dark nail polish and makeup, a small craft, and of course candy! We also included a box of 4 homemade cupcakes with orange frosting and black sprinkles. We have never been boo-ed, so I wasn't quite sure what the typical treat is, but I think we did well.... I hope...

My Ninja Spy




The Princess turned into a total ninja. It was awesome! She quietly tip toed to the house. She thought I was crazy to stop for a photo, but participated anyway, probably because she knows it's pointless to fight it... She set the treats on the porch. Rang the doorbell and ran to the car. When we got in the car, she excitedly said, "that was fun! Did you see me? I looked like a ninja out there!".  My kid is a natural at ding dong ditch. That's something to be proud of, right? I totally am. Haha!

I hope that you decide to start a Boo if you have not already been Boo-ed! It was so fun for The Princess to pick out the treats and ding dong ditch her friends!




12 comments:

  1. This makes me want to live in a neighborhood. Or have friends. Or both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have family near by? Maybe you can boo them?

      Delete
  2. Reason #44 I want to live in your zip code. You two are little angles on earth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, April you are so sweet! I wish you lived close too!!

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous idea! My kids would love that.
    Sharing the blog love with the TGIF Blog hop from over at Phenomenal Woman :)
    bloggitymoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Crissy. I checked out your blog. You really are a phenomenal woman!

      Delete
  4. Oh, this is really cute! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that she felt like a ninja! You should let her do May Day surprises, too.

    ReplyDelete