Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving: cute cookies, tardiness, & wedding pressure

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! For us it was a very relaxing day. Thank goodness I didn't have to host because I have been so crazy busy that I needed the break. I rolled out of bed around noon (don't judge!) and then talked on the phone and skyped with my family members. It's so hard not to be able to be around them for the holidays. I'm just thankful that we are able to connect through phone calls and skype is so amazing.

Cookies


Before we headed to D's sister's house I helped The Princess decorate some Turkey cookies. She had a blast and worked very hard on them.

We've made them before and they are adorable and very easy.

Just bake or buy  a batch of sugar cookies. Frost half of each cookie with chocolate frosting and arrange recess pieces to make the "feathers". Then use frosting to decorate eyes, beak, and feet.




Always late but worth the wait


We were about an hour late to his sister's house, which is pretty standard for us. I don't know why we can't just get out of the house on time for holiday dinners! Luckily, I was in charge of dessert, so being late wasn't a big deal. It was a very fun evening. I love MOST of his family, so it's always fun to be around them. Everything gets so busy that it seems like the only time we are able to get together is the holidays. We ate way too much and had fun catching up with everyone.

How modern kids play...

When I was younger I remember running around with my cousins. Playing tag or some other wild game. I guess that's just not the way kids do it anymore. The kids all played video games then hung out in the hot tub. They had a blast, so I that is all that matters!



The wedding pressure is on!


His family is definitely ready for us to get married. I was asked when, where, when & WHEN the wedding would be quite a few times. I can't blame them. We have been together for over 4 years and engaged for quite a while. We even had the wedding booked at a venue at one point, but things have just come up. I am feeling more in the wedding planning mood lately, so I think we are finally going to get around to getting it done (hopefully this summer)!

The last part of the evening was us all watching the first wedding episode of Little People, Big World. I've actually never watched the show, but it's about a local farm that has a pumpkin patch every year. Apparently they just started doing weddings this year.

I mentioned that I was thinking about a barn wedding and it led to us watching the show. It was a very pretty wedding, so I just might have to look into it.

I hope that you all ate too much Turkey and were able to spend the day with loved ones. Now that Thanksgiving is over, I am feeling very much in the Christmas spirit and am getting started on decorating. Hopefully this Oregon rain will take a break so that we can get our Christmas tree this weekend. Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Cute, cute cookies!!! I have to admit I laughed out loud when I saw that you had crossed out MOST of when referring to loving your honey's family. I can totally relate!! :)

    Enjoy your weekend....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marci! I'm glad someone can, hehe! Hope you had a wonderful weekend as well. :)

      Delete
  2. Very cute and love the turkey cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower from the Naptime Review hop! Looking forward to reading more!
    Hope you will follow back!
    Daisy @ http://www.trendymomreviews.com

    ReplyDelete