Thursday, November 1, 2012

What am I supposed to write about now?

Halloween has come and gone. We had such a fun day! Every year, the princess and I dress up together. This year we dressed up as Renaissance Vampires. You can see our previous costumes here.



I thought I did pretty well with our hair.


We are so scary!!



We were invited to trick or treat with some friends from The Princess' school. After school we went home for hair and makeup then headed over to their place for dinner.  Mummy dogs (like the ones I made for our Halloween Spooktacular), Fruit filled jack-o-lanterns , and Frankenstein yogurt (strawberry yogurt colored green with gel coloring). The kids loved it.


Once everyone was done eating it was time for trick or treating! It was such a blast to trick or treat with a group. It's always been just The Princess and I. It was a little sad to get left behind while she ran ahead with friends, but I know she had a blast. (remember, I'm trying to get over the helicopter mom instincts!)








Once all of the kiddos were done trick or treating we headed home. The Princess had some homework to do so she was anxious to get home.. Just kidding. She did not want to leave! When I finally got her out of there she got excited about passing out candy.

We had a ton of candy left over from her Candyland birthday party, so that is what we passed out this year. I was shocked at the response! The first trick or treaters we got, was a group of teens. They were all really excited to see the candy we were passing out! One of them said, "That's awesome! This is my favorite house!" I guess I will have to order more of these lollipops at Oriental Trading for next year!




We had a wonderful Halloween and hope you did too!! Now that Halloween is over, I am going t o have to figure out what to write about, haha! Take care and God bless!

6 comments:

  1. You ladies looked awesome! Love the costumes, the hair, the Halloween themed dinner, the Candyland lollipops, etc. You make everything look so easy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so glad we got a break from the rain for trick or treating! I'm assuming the weather was about the same for you. Haha, it looks easy, but it isn't always so smooth!

      Delete
  2. I.love.this. In fact I think that might be what my girls dress up as next year. They would love that long fancy dress. Did you buy from a regular costume shop ?Meaning where can I find something like that for little girls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that would be adorable! She actually got it as a gift for her birthday a couple years back and finally grew into it. They said that they got it at a costume shop that is no longer in business. I'm sure you can find something similar at a shop and definitely online. :)

      Delete