Last year, I decided to get a calendar that I could fill, rather than the prefilled kind. I wanted one that we could use yearly. I searched for the perfect advent calendar. Finally, I found this one...
Instead of just filling it with candy, I like to also add a fun Christmas activity to do that day. The Princess is always very excited to see what surprise will be there. She runs downstairs first thing in the morning, after searching for Alfie of course, and excitedly opens the door for the day.
20 Christmas Countdown Activities
1. Watch a Christmas movie.
2. Sing Christmas Carols.
3. Write and mail a letter to Santa.
4. Go for a drive to look at Christmas lights.
5. Bake and decorate cookies.
6. Leave a Christmas treat at a neighbor’s door.
7. Go to see the Nutcracker ballet.
9. Make Christmas cards.10. Make Christmas decorations.
11. Decorate a gingerbread house.12. Make paper snowflakes
13. Read a Christmas book.14. Paint a Christmas picture while listening to Christmas music.
15. Do a Christmas craft or two.
16. Host a cookie exchange.
17. Go to see Santa.
18. Donate a toy to a charity.
19. Make an ornament for the tree.
20. Read about the true meaning of Christmas in the Bible.
Do you have a fun Christmas advent calendar or countdown tradition? I'd love to hear about it in a comment.
Thank you for reading! Take care and God bless!