Tuesday, December 4, 2012

20 Christmas Countdown Activities for your Advent Calendar

Christmas is one of my favorite times of year. I love Christmas music and begin listening to it in October at the latest. I can barely wait till the day after Thanksgiving to begin decorating. One thing that I especially love is doing an advent calendar. I had never heard of these growing up. It's such a fun tradition to count down the days!

Last year, I decided to get a calendar that I could fill, rather than the prefilled kind. I wanted one that we could use yearly. I searched for the perfect advent calendar. Finally, I found this one...




Instead of just filling it with candy, I like to also add a fun Christmas activity to do that day. The Princess is always very excited to see what surprise will be there. She runs downstairs first thing in the morning, after searching for Alfie of course, and excitedly opens the door for the day.



20 Christmas Countdown Activities


1. Watch a Christmas movie.
2. Sing Christmas Carols.
3. Write and mail a letter to Santa.
4. Go for a drive to look at Christmas lights.
5. Bake and decorate cookies.
6. Leave a Christmas treat at a neighbor’s door.
7. Go to see the Nutcracker ballet.
8. Go out for hot chocolate.

9. Make Christmas cards.
10. Make Christmas decorations.

11. Decorate a gingerbread house.
12. Make paper snowflakes

13. Read a Christmas book.
14. Paint a Christmas picture while listening to Christmas music.

15. Do a Christmas craft or two.
16. Host a cookie exchange.
17. Go to see Santa.
18. Donate a toy to a charity.
19. Make an ornament for the tree.
20. Read about the true meaning of Christmas in the Bible.
Do you have a fun Christmas advent calendar or countdown tradition? I'd love to hear about it in a comment.
Thank you for reading! Take care and God bless!

3 comments:

  1. I really like this idea (mainly because I eat all the candy in the calendar on the first day). Terrible, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! I love Advent and Christmas! But who doesnt? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi. i'm following the GFC blog hop. i would love for you to vist my blog and follow if you like it.

    http://www.blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

    thanks
    new follower bev

    ReplyDelete