Monday, December 10, 2012

A Few Key Ways to Help You Remember This Year's Holiday Events

Today we have a guest post by Courtney from Chewylicious.com! She is a very talented writer and I am so honored to have her on my blog today. She writes about a variety of topics: from helpful blogging tips to photography to future mommy topics. You should take a moment and head over to check out her blog.
Today, she has a wonderful post for us about photography this holiday season. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Thank you Courtney!

GUEST POST by: Chewylicious from Chewylicious.com

I was so honored when "That Suburban Momma" approached me and asked me to guest blog! She is like the sweetest CUPCAKE I've ever met! I don't know how else to describe her. Her smile is just infectious and the things she does for her daughter just makes you smile and your heart just ache! Oh and she has THE most PERFECT complexion ever! She's also an amazing baker! She is so detailed oriented...her cakes are gorgeous! I just want to say thank you for giving me the opportunity to share with your followers and I hope YOU like my post!


One of the few things that I regret growing up with my family is that we didn't take enough pictures. I mean we have a picture of the family and that might be the MOST that we had. I'm talking about the MOMENTS. The moments are best captured by seeing the food and the decorations being up! The people that were around that season!

Maybe because it was film cameras back then but that's still no excuse we still had tons...but when the holidays came there was just NO TIME to take pictures. You're always too busy fixing things or preparing things and a lot of times you WISH you had taken a picture of "the cake" or of "my daughter opening her Christmas presents" for that scrapbook!

Here are a few things that can help make it a little easier! I find a check list can sometimes be helpful!

  1. Pictures of Food and Decor - So you can remember all the hard work that was put into it and look back at it to reminisce that year and what you did, and what you can do differently next year (if you wanted).
  2. Pictures of the each of the couples/families that attended - You can take pictures of them coming in or ask one of the family members to be a greeter! It becomes a nice scrapbook, memory catalogue of who came. So you can remember who was there with you, who was close to you and who you loved.
  3. Create a Christmas Themed Photo Booth with SILLY props  - You can just easily set up a corner of the room with a small table in front of it with a disposable camera that someone can use OR you can set up a tripod, already focused and people just need to hit the timer. But at a party and with people drinking I'd use a disposable camera! These are always best after sipping some wine! The pictures tend to bring out the kid in all of us especially given the right props! 
  4. Hand out disposable cameras to your guests as they arrive - They can take pictures of each other while they're there and tell them to be creative! Before they leave, have a bowl at the door collecting all the disposable cameras and you can develop them for later! Guests LOVE this idea!

    This is my favorite because sometimes you're so busy getting everything together you don't have time to take pictures of everything! This is a fun way to see other people's perspectives and see if your guests where enjoying themselves! It helps other guests interact with each other easily and keeps them occupied too! 
Having a photography background I wish I could always afford to hire a photographer but that's not always a possibility! What I noticed is that the pictures didn't have to be amazing...I just wanted to remember that MOMENT in time.

I hope that THIS will make it a MORE memorable holiday season for you with LESS stress! Happy Holidays! 


If you liked this post please share it with your friends and family!
If want to read more about Photography please Subscribe to my Blog or Follow me on Twitter!


4 comments:

  1. Courtney is the sweetest!! So glad that you hosted her guest post!! Thanks a lot for the helpful tips!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun!!! xoxoxo I'm glad they're helpful!

      Delete
  2. Great ideas, Courtney! I think I may set up some type of backdrop at our holiday party, just for fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'd be awesome! I can't wait to see the pictures!

      Delete