Monday, February 11, 2013

Recipe: Healthy Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie







This week's Slim by the Summer challenge is to share a favorite healthy recipe. I am obsessed with smoothies because they are yummy and so easy to make as a breakfast on the go. My favorite is:

Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie




 Ingredients

1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 frozen banana peeled and chopped
1/2 cup non fat milk
1/2 cup non fat plain yogurt
2 tbsp protein powder
1 tsp flax seed oil
1 tsp honey

Directions

Blend until smooth and enjoy.


I love this recipe because it is healthy, but still yummy enough to take care of my sweet tooth!  My daughter also loves it as a dessert! 

What is your favorite type of smoothie? I'd love to hear about it in the comments.


If you LOVE my blog, and I hope you do, please vote for me! All you have to do is click the banner!Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory


4 comments:

  1. My blender broke a couple weeks ago and we haven't replaced it yet...Argh!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, that sucks! I've gone through soo many blenders!

      Delete
  2. That does sound and look yummy! I may just have to try that. And of course I voted for you! You and your blog are awesome! I read your post from my my email so I suck at commenting. I wanted to also tell you I did the hair bow trick with my hair. I LOVE it! Thanks for that too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I know what you mean! I read your blog from my email too and only stop by once in a while. I soo want to see a photo of you with the bow hairstyle!

      Delete