Monday, February 11, 2013

Review: Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation/ Complexion Started Kit


I decided to try Make Up For Ever's HD Invisible Cover Foundation in spite of it's high cost because I heard so many amazing things about it and wanted to see what all of the fuss was about. It is available in wide variety of shades and promises medium to full coverage resulting in the appearance of flawless skin. At Sephora, I was convinced to buy the Complexion Started Kit to get the full benefit of the foundation. I've heard so many great things about this foundations that my hopes were very high and I was sadly very disappointed with my experience.



Cost:
$79.00 at Sephora

This set contains:
- 0.17 oz HD Microfinish Powder
- HD Kabuki Brush
- 0.5 oz HD Microperfecting Primer
- 1.01 oz HD Invisible Cover Foundation

What it promises:
 An essential kit for achieving a flawless, high-definition complexion in three simple steps.


My experience:  

The promise of flawless skin in three simple steps seemed too good to be true, but my hopes were high.

Packaging: The foundation comes in a pump style packaging that releases just the right amount. The powder comes with a filter to control the amount being used and the kabuki brush was wonderful.

You start with the primer. It is used to prepare your skin and also to minimize the appearance of pores. I did not really notice the difference when I used this from when I didn't. The next step is the foundation. The packaging suggests that you use two pumps, but I found this to appear too cakey on my face, and was much happier with the appearance of one pump. The last step is the powder which leaves your skin feeling silky smooth and seemed to prevent my skin from becoming oily.

 

When I first started using it, I was in love with it. The coverage wasn't amazing, but with a little concealer, it was great. It photographed amazingly well and that was a big plus. I loved the powder at first, but over time it just dried my skin out. The combination of the foundation and powder seemed to pull moisture out of my skin causing severe dryness.


What I liked:

  •  The Microfinish Powder leaves skin feeling silky smooth.
  • Photographs well.
  • Kept skin from getting oily.

What I didn't like:

  • For the cost, coverage wasn't amazing.
  • Very drying on my skin.
  • Accentuates dry areas.
  

Final Decision:

I wouldn't recommend this to a friend.

For me, it was not even close to worth the price. For $79 I expect perfection. This ended up making my skin look dried out after 2 weeks of regular use.


*This review is based on my personal experience with the product. Results may vary for each individual.


If you LOVE my blog, and I hope you do, please vote for me! All you have to do is click the banner!Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Found you from the TGIF blog hop and following! Thanks for co-hosting!!

    Melanie
    The 5th Level of Motherhood

    ReplyDelete