Thursday, March 21, 2013

Locks of Love

 
The princess had gorgeous long hair. I LOVED it so much, but she decided that it was time for a "new look". As much as I wanted to change her mind, I refrained. Instead, I asked her if she might want to donate her hair to Locks of Love. In the past we have talked about children who are unable to grow hair due to medical conditions, and she loved the idea of being able to help them.

 
So yesterday we headed over to Pigtails and Crewcuts to make the big cut. She was so excited. 

This was our first time to that salon, and I have to say that I wish we had found it sooner. If you have a little one, you should definitely find out if there is one in your area. They had an adorable kid friendly set up and they made the donation process very simple. We just filled out a form and they did the rest.

 

  
The Princess has had many haircuts, but this was definitely the most that she's ever had cut at once. I wasn't sure what to expect. I had a little fear that maybe she would freak out once the gal started cutting, but she did great. I on the other, was freaking out a bit on the inside, but I think I hid it well. 

I had some worries about how she'd feel about her "new look", but it's absolutely adorable and she loves it! 



Here are some before and after shots:



This little girl never ceases to amaze me. I am so blessed to have such a kind hearted little girl, and I am so very proud of her for deciding to donate her hair!
  
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Take care & God bless. :)
 

13 comments:

  1. Too cute and she must feel so great being able to donate her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww how sweet of her to donate!! And her new 'do is adorable :)

    The 5th Level of Motherhood

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable. You must be so proud of her big heart. She's so gorgeous she'd look beautiful with any haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! Good for her :) And she looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How precious :) She is such a gem and so are you! She looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks absolutely adorable with short hair. Kudos from me to her for her generosity :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Found you on TGIF blog hop. That was very sweet of your daughter to donate her hair to a good cause. Her short hair looks wonderful.She's beautiful! You must be one proud Momma :) Now following via GFC.

    Jackie
    www.thenonmarthamomma.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Her hair looks adorable short!! Locks of love is an amazing program. I also saw you on blog hop. I am new to blogging and just getting started, but feel free to follow me at www.reneeprewett.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her cut turned out really cute! What a sweet girl.
    Nikki
    rushedmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your daughter looks adorable and what a special thing to donate her hair. She will never forget this special hair cut.
    Stopping by from Naptime Review...
    xoxo tiffani
    www.tiffanigoff.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, so sweet! My daughter decided to donate her $5 she got from the tooth fairy to the SPCA. I'm following you on twitter from Naptime Review. My twitter is @amomblogdesign.

    April
    http://amblogdesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is adorable. I know you are so proud of her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!! What a thoughtful and wonderful act of kindness. You are doing a great job raising her! Such a beautiful moment she will remember for years to come. :-) I'm visiting from www.artistic31mama.com and the Mom's Monday Mingle. I'm following you through all your social media. Hope you have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete