Monday, April 22, 2013

Getting back to Slim by Summer


I joined the Slim by Summer Challenge with Raising Reagan at the end of January, but unfortunately I have been so busy with school, work, and mommy duties that fitness has been on the back burner. Seeing the posts from everyone every week has really motivated me to get back on track.

After reading a few of the Slim by Summer posts last Monday, I decided that I really need to work harder on sticking to a healthy diet. I don't have a lot of time, but being healthy needs to be a top priority. To help jump start things, I decided to try the Advocare 24 day Challenge. A few of my friends did it and told me how it helped them change their eating habits and they got great results as far as weight loss. The first 10 days is a Cleanse and I am currently on Day 8. When I weighed myself this morning, I was so excited!


This week's Slim by Summer theme is Progress Update. My progress since last Monday is:
I have lost 6 lbs! Yay!!

What I am loving so far about the Advocare Challenge is that it has been really helping me focus on making healthier choices. I have a list of what I should eat vs what I shouldn't, and having that has helped so much! It's been a difficult transition because my diet wasn't as great before, but it was totally worth it when I saw that weight loss on the scale this morning. 

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome!! I am so excited for you. I think after this week I want to start a cleanse too. I never did one before all of this and I work out so much I was hoping to see a more dramatic weight loss.
    I'll have to check out the Advocare Challenge!!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I think it was a really nice jump start!

      Delete
  2. I love the someecards at the top. I definitely have the same kind of relationship with food. This challenge sounds interesting I am going to check it out. I am a new follower from Mom's Monday Mingle. I look forward to reading more of what you write in the future.
    Love
    Patricia
    www.thettdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your way of writing it just makes the reader more interest and make them happy.

    ReplyDelete