Thursday, April 25, 2013

I've gone over to the dark side...


Yes, I finally joined the Apple club. I bought an iPhone. I have had android phones since the dawn of the android/ iPhone era and until now, I was android all the way. In spite of my fiance's hate for all things Apple, it was time for a change. I have gotten quite a bit of slack from my him and my android loving friends, but honestly I am very happy with the switch.

I have only been an iPhone user for less than 24 hours, but here is what I am loving about it so far.

Easy To Use

I am not tech illiterate, but I'm not a tech geek. So far, figuring out my iPhone has been so much easier than my androids. I love the simple interface. It's just very user friendly. I'm pretty sure my mom could even figure it out.


Photo Quality
This is one of the most important things for me and it's something that I always envied with my iPhone owning friends. Their photos always came out so much better!

The following photos were taken with my old phone, the Razr Maxx and my new iPhone 5. Both cameras are 8 MP. The Razr Maxx front facing camera is 1.3 MP, and the iPhone 5 front facing camera is 1.2 MP.

Razr Maxx on the left, iPhone on the right.
All photos are unedited.

 Close-up Outdoors


Outdoor Shot


Indoor No Flash


Dim Lighting W/ Flash


Front Facing Camera

 I think there is a big difference in quality. What do you think?

More Apps

There is a larger selection of apps. I remember when I had my android and there would be an app for something I liked and then I'd read those dreaded words "iPhone only". No longer an issue! Plus, I read that many apps are released on iPhone first. Meaning, I will have access to them sooner, yay!

So Many Accessories

I can't believe how many accessories there are! When I took my iPhone to the Verizon store to activate it, the girl asked if I needed a case. She came back with a basket full of cases. Some being waterproof, ones that adds battery life, and an assortment of pretty ones. I went with battery life. It's not just cases though, there are so many other accessories! Here is a list of 20 weird iPhone accessories.

Siri 

I know this is kind of lame, but I LOVE Siri. It is such a simple way to find out information quickly. Not to mention the hours of entertainment. The Princess and I had a good laugh asking her random questions last night. When I said, "tell me you love me" her response was, "look.... a puppy".  
 Oh Siri, you are such a commitment phobe....


It's possible that my love of the iPhone will is just at the honeymoon stage. I have a feeling that I am going to stick with it, but only time will tell. 

Do you prefer iphone or android? What are your reasons? I'd love to hear about your opinion a comment!
 

6 comments:

  1. WooHoo!! Welcome to the dark side!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the iphone pics!! Found you on the Monday Mingle blog hop. Now following on GFC and bloglovin'. Would love return follows :) Looking forward to seeing more of your posts! www.sugaraunts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I am not following you back as well. :)

      Delete
  3. iPhone for the WIN! :) I'm due for an upgrade in August so I'm planning on getting the 5. Not the 5s, just the 5. I want to get a 16GB which will already cost more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, loving my iphone 5, although I didn't have the 4 to compare it with. I have a 64 GB, although I highly doubt I will EVER need that much space, lol!

      Delete