Sunday, June 2, 2013

Basketball Cupcakes (Tutorial)



Friday I made cupcakes for my friend's son's birthday. She asked me to do a basketball theme. After some brainstorming, here is what I came up with...

Slam Dunk Basketball Cupcakes: Tutorial


Supplies

Frosted cupcakes
Orange Candy Melts
Black Candy Melts
1 or more Dessert Dome Candy Molds
Optional: Picket Fence Cupcake Wrap
Small round decorating tip

Directions

Bake and frost your cupcakes. To get the above look, I used the #8 round Wilton decorating tip to frost.

If you buy multiple molds you will save time, otherwise you will have to repeat this step until you have as many basketballs as needed. 

Melt orange candy melts in a microwavable bowl and fill the medium sized dome as directed on packaging. Put it in the fridge to cool and set.

After it has cooled, put it in the freezer for at least 2 minutes. Take out of the freezer and gently remove the dome from the mold.




Once you have all the domes needed, melt the black candy melt. Use the smallest round decorating tip that you have and pipe black lines on the dome to look like a basketball, like shown below.




I couldn't find basketball net cupcake tins, so I cut the tops off of these picket fence wraps to make basketball nets.


Put the basketballs on top of the cupcakes and wrap with picket fence wraps....

Voila! Easy basketball cupcakes!



If you LOVE my blog, and I hope you do, please vote for me! All you have to do is click the banner!Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory