Saturday, June 1, 2013

May Birchbox Review

I finally subscribed to Birchbox and received my first box, yay!! I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised with my samples.


What is Birchbox?

 

Beauty box subscription- $10 a month
Each month you receive a plain brown box filled with 4-6 beauty and lifestyle samples. What you will get is a complete surprise because they send out many different boxes each month.  You get 10 points a month and can earn more points by purchasing full size products, writing reviews, and referring friends.For every 100 points, you get a $10 credit.


What I got this month...




Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle ($21.95)

I love leave in conditioner, so I was very excited to try this! It has great reviews. According to Birchbox, it not only conditions and detangles, but it also protects from heat damage and the sun. Unfortunately, the pump that I was sent does not work, so I wasn't able to spray it. I did pour a little in my hand and ran it through my hair. It definitely left it feeling soft and it smells amazing. I wish I would have been able to get the full effect of having it sprayed in my hair, but I am pretty sold on this even though I didn't. With all of the benefits, I think the full size product will definitely come handy through the summer.




FusionBeauty LipFusion™ Infatuation Lip Fattener Color: La Lip Jolie ($29) 

I think this was my favorite product that came in the box! According to Birchbox, this gloss plumps without the sting! I LOVE the color, it's absolutely perfect to go along with my summer tan. It has a very nice cooling effect, and doesn't sting at all. The plumping effect is very subtle, but I did notice a difference. 





Supergoop!® Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream ($32)

I was not impressed with this one at all. According to Birchbox, this is a lightweight cream that acts as a primer and foundation. It did blend nicely, and for someone with flawless skin, this would be awesome, but I just need more coverage than it provides.





LAFACE Laboratories PROTÉGÉR Age Defying Primer ($65)

I have never been one to use primer, but I am kind of in love with this! According to Birchbox, it fills in fine lines and creases to create a flawless base for long lasting makeup. It made my face feel so smooth and silky and really did help keep my foundation looking amazing. The sample is very small, but a little goes a very long way. I am almost 100% sure that I will be buying this when my sample runs out.




Tweezerman Matchbox Itty Bitty Files  ($4) 
Full size ($5)

I loved these little nail files! I constantly have nail issues on the go, so throwing a couple of these tiny files in my purse will be great! 




Overall, I think the box was awesome! I liked 4 out of the 5 samples and it was well worth $10. What did you get in your box? I'd love to hear about it in a comment!


If you LOVE my blog, and I hope you do, please vote for me! All you have to do is click the banner!Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory