Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Sephora Super Stars Beauty Essentials Review


When I spotted the Super Stars Beauty Essentials Set at Sephora, I knew I had to buy it. First, because it has many of my regular products and second, because it's an amazing deal! I went to Sephora because I was out of mascara, blush, & eyeliner. Those 3 items alone would have cost me $72, so I was insanely excited to get 10 amazing items for only $3 more. Plus, I had a VIB Beauty Insider 10% off coupon, so I got it for only $67.50!!

According to Sephora
It's a must-have kit featuring 10 of Sephora’s top-selling beauty essentials.




BUXOM Big & Healthy Lip Polish in Dolly 0.15 oz ($19)
Online Version of the kit has this in Sandy

As many of you know, I am a lipstick girl. Red to be specific, so this was a big change for me. I am absolutely in LOVE with Buxom lipstick, so I had to give this a try. 

The color isn't very vibrant on my lips because of my dark skin, but I have been loving it to switch things up with a more neutral look. It's definitely long lasting compared to other lip gloss which is a huge plus for me! Another big plus is that it isn't sticky like many other lip glosses I've tried. It has a tingly cooling sensation, but not a very noticeable plumping effect. It smells nice, and has a sweet taste to it.




Stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner 0.016 oz ($20)

I am so in love with this!! I have been a liquid liner user since my high school days and have tried so many different kinds. First of all, this liner is so easy to apply! I like to do a cat eye and I've had days where I had to do my liner over and over, but with Stila Stay All Day's easy to use applicator, it's easy peasy. This liner lasts all day and night with out smudging or running. I even went swimming one day, and it stayed in place. Surprisingly it isn't hard to remove with makeup remover like some waterproof liners.


  
Benefit They're Real! Mascara 0.3 oz ($23)

I have been using this one for years! If you know me in real life, you know that I LOVE the look of dramatic lashes. When I don't have time to put on falsies, this mascara totally does the trick. A couple coats give you longer, thicker, more voluminous lashes! It doesn't clump and the brush does a great job of separating the lashes. Benefit, please never stop making this because I'm hooked for life!!



Sephora Collection Microsmooth Baked Eye Shadow Trio in Sunset 0.06 oz ($19)
Online Version of the kit has this in Black Light

I love that this has the highlighter, crease color, & eye lid color all in one. It goes on very smooth and is very blendable and lasted all day. The colors are very neutral which is exactly what I would normally wear except a bit shimmery for my daytime wear, so I will save it for nights out.






NARS Blush in Orgasm 0.16 oz ($29)

This is another one of the products that I already use! This blush is amazing! Orgasm gives the perfect pink/peachy color. I have light skinned friends that use this and it seriously looks amazing on all skin tones. If you apply it lightly it gives a very natural look, but it is very buildable if you prefer a more dramatic look like me! This really lives up to the hype, if you haven't already, TRY IT!!




 Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder 0.035 oz  (Full Size 0.17 oz $16)

This sample was a bit measly, but I didn't mind because I'm not a huge fan of it. Many people love this stuff, but I personally prefer Nars Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder because it does the same job, but isn't as drying.




Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer  0.33 oz ($18)

This goes on silky smooth and keeps oily skin under control! I have been using it for a week and accidentally went without for a day. There was a very noticeable difference. My foundation didn't last nearly as long, and my skin seemed a bit more oily. Only a sample size came in the kit, but a little goes a long way. I'm not sure if I'll buy the full size when it runs out because I also loved the LAFACE Laboratories PROTÉGÉR Age Defying Primer that came in my May birchbox. They're both really good, so I will have to see how I feel when I'm through using the samples.






Kat Von D Saint Eau de Parfum Rollerball 0.33 oz ($18)

My signature scent is Chance by Chanel which is floral but woodsy at the same time, Chance is somehow sweet but sexy which is why I have had a hard time wearing anything else for years. 

The name, Saint, definitely suits this sweet scent. It's a vanilla/floral scent. I've worn it a couple times, and I really do like it, but I'm not sure how often I'll wear it which is to no fault of it's own, but because of my attachment to Chance. However, vanilla is the number one favorite scent of men, and my guy did love this one so I'll have to at least wear it occasionally.




 
Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil 0.5 oz ($14)

This stuff is craze amaze! I tend to get dry spots under my eyes. Since I started using this on my face at night, my skin has been so smooth. I'm totally hooked on argan oil. I did a little price checking on pure argan oil and the price on this is a bit steep, so I will probably go with another brand to save money when my sample runs out.





Kate Somerville Exfolikate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment 0.5 oz ($22)

This is probably one of the best exfoliating treatment I have ever used. I love the smell! When I used it for the first time my eyes teared up so I knew it was working. It leaves my skin so soft and radiant, and it does wonders for blackheads.



My overall opinion of this kit is that it is a must have! Many of the products are full size and at $75 it is an amazing deal saving you almost $100. Even though I may not buy all of the products when they run out, they are all amazing and have great reviews, and this is a great way to try them all. If you are new to makeup, buy this! All you need to add is a good foundation and you are good to go.  

If you LOVE my blog, and I hope you do, please vote for me! All you have to do is click the banner!Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory