Saturday, July 27, 2013

All she wants for Christmas is her two front teeth

Some of you might remember me posting this photo on Facebook a couple weeks ago when the princess lost one of her front teeth.

Well, after having a super loose snaggle looking tooth for two weeks, she finally caved and asked me to pull out her other front tooth. So tonight we decided to do it. 

She asked me to pull the last tooth as well (we aren't good at waiting) and we decided to go with the "floss method" which worked very well, so we decided to do the same this time.

How to pull a tooth using the Floss Method

It's really quite simple. I only recommend this with extremely loose teeth.

Step 1: Tie a piece of floss around the tooth. This can be a little tricky because teeth are so slippery. I ask my daughter to hold it in place with her tongue. 

Step 2: Hold both ends of the floss and pull down hard and quickly.

See, I said it was simple! And from what my daughter says, it is pain free.

Here she is without her two front teeth!

We did run into one little problem. The tooth fell from the floss when I pulled it, so we had a little search party. She was so nervous that the tooth fairy wouldn't come. Thank goodness after a half hour of searching we found it sitting right on the floor. It had just blended into the carpet. So if you decide to go with the floss method make sure you watch where it falls just in case!

The Tooth Fairy should be here any moment. If you would like some Tooth Fairy Ideas, head over and check out my post: Tooth Fairy Traditions. One thing I have added since writing that post is spraying the money with glitter. She loves it. 

Do your kids wait for the teeth to fall out or do they pull? Do you have any special tooth fairy traditions? I'd love to hear about it in a comment.

If you LOVE my blog, and I hope you do, please vote for me! All you have to do is click the banner!Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory