Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Paris- The City of Love: Day 1

I bet you were beginning to wonder if I was going to ever get to writing about the Europe trip. Well, it's taken me a long time because there was just so much to write about and I was trying to condense it all into one post per city. So, I've finally decided just to break this up into a bunch of posts because I don't want to leave anything out! So here is: Paris-Day 1!

Paris
The City of Love

Day 1


Arc De Triomph


Our first planned stop was the Eiffel Tower, but along the way, we had to stop and admire the view of the Arc De Triomph.


Eiffel Tower




 
There was a bit of a line to go to the top, so while we waited in line we had our first cafe au lait and croissant. So yummy, I think that is what I miss most about Paris!

When we finally got to the top, the wait was so worth it. It was just breathtaking!



 
This was my favorite view from the second level was of Jardins du Trocadero. Just beautiful! 


 This is an amazing view of the Seine River from the top level. So gorgeous!

And of course the view of the Eiffel Tower Gardens.



 


If you visit the Tower, don't forget to stop by the gift shop to pick up one of these souvenirs so you don't end up with a permanent one. ;)






Seine River Tour


Next we walked across the street, and hopped on a tour of the Seine River. It was a wonderful way to relax and admire some of the sights while having a glass of wine.


I really loved this bridge. Just so beautiful.


After relaxing on the boat, we headed over to the Cite de l'Architecture et du Patrinome. There is such an amazing view of the Tower from there, so of course we had to get a photo.



Invalides Musee Des Armees


 



At this point I was beginning to get tired, but we wanted to at least make one more stop on day 1, so we hopped on a bus to the Invalides Musee Des Armees. I think this was D's favorite spot in Paris. 







There were a couple buildings. First we visited the Dome church. The ceiling was just a beautiful work of art.
 



The Tomb of Napoleon was very cool to see.




After seeing the church, we went to the museum, and looked at all of the old armor and weapons. It was very fascinating.




Jardin des Tuileries






Right across from the Luerve is the beautiful Jardin des Tuileries. It is such a beautiful place. We just sat by the fountain for a while and admired the beautiful view.






I loved the statues. They are just such amazingly beautiful works of art. These were just a couple of my favorites of the many beautiful ones at the garden. 



The garden was such a relaxing way to end a busy first day. My legs felt like they were about to fall off so we decided to take head back to our room for the night.


Stay tuned because I will be posting Paris: Day 2 soon!! 


If you LOVE my blog, and I hope you do, please vote for me! All you have to do is click the banner!Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory