Monday, July 8, 2013

Shop Local Portland: Angie Windheim Photography

Through the summer I will be featuring one local business a week that is either in Portland or near by

 Today, I am featuring: Angie Windheim Photography, a wonderful photographer in the beautiful town of Sherwood (just 17 miles south of Portland). Angie is our family photographer and I just adore her work. 
Angie is giving away a 45-minute portrait session in the Sherwood area to one lucky (local) reader. 
 Enter through the rafflecopter below.

Sherwood, Oregon 

 Website/ Facebook/ Twitter/ Pinterest 

 

When The Princess was younger, I used to use portrait studios at the mall. I'd set up an appointment, but I'd end up having to wait a half hour or more before getting in because they were always behind. It was always a very rushed miserable process and the photos were never what I had hoped for. One day I decided that I wanted better photos. I wanted quality. That's when I found Angie Windheim Photography

  

 

 

 

I have been hiring Angie to take all of our family photos for 3 years now and I couldn't be happier. The process is relaxed and she has never ever rushed us along. She takes her time to capture beautiful photos.

 

 

 


I interviewed Angie so you could all get to know her and her business better: 

How long have you been a photographer?   
I've been obsessed with photography since I started staging photo shoots for my "babies" almost 16 years ago! Over the last 6 years or so, I started really treating photography as a craft and artistic outlet. 


Was photography a hobby at first? What inspired you to make the jump to professional photography?
Deciding to be a "professional" took a a bit of a push :)  Nearly 4 years ago one of my best friends insisted I photograph her niece's high school Senior portraits. I had so much fun! They were happy. I was happy. Angie Windheim Photography was born.


What do you love most about what you do?
I love connecting and seeing the beauty in people. And then showing them that they are beautiful in the finished portraits. EVERYONE is beautiful. 


Can you give a brief description of what type of photography you do?
I pride myself on creating Portraits with Personality...your personality. I photograph almost exclusively outdoors in natural light and warm color. We basically take a walk together and talk and laugh and have fun. I think that shows through in the images. 


Do you offer any special promotions? 
Sure, I do! Facebook and Twitter is the place you'll see promotions or sales:  Facebook & @angiewindheim


Is there anything else you’d like to tell everyone?
While portraits are my specialty, I also have THREE BOYS so I've gotten quite good at sports photography. Teams hire me to shoot a game of baseball or soccer or basketball or football, etc. The parents can relax and enjoy the game while someone else plays the photogra-momma. I love telling the story of a game from the quiet moments to the big plays. Very fun!

Besides photography, I also love FOOD. I started sharing my favorite recipes on a food blog. Now my favorite cookbook is my iPad with "Eating with Angie" on the browser. Eating with Angie is also on Facebook.


Angie is giving away a 45-minute portrait session in the Sherwood, OR area.
$100 value. Includes 20-25 fully edited finished images in an online proofing gallery. Images will be shown in color and black/white. The session also includes a 20% print discount, and all prints/poses ordered include the high-resolution digital image. 

This giveaway is sponsored by Angie Windheim Photography and is only available in the Sherwood area. The giveaway will end Monday, July 15th at 9 am PST. Please enter through the rafflecopter below.


a Rafflecopter giveaway


If you LOVE my blog, and I hope you do, please vote for me! All you have to do is click the banner!Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory