Thursday, October 10, 2013

Butterscotch Chip Pudding Cookies

So honored to be a guest food writer on That Suburban Momma.

But, how do I choose a first recipe to share? Well, I decided to cheat a little and let my kids pick the winner.



Butterscotch Chip Pudding Cookies are absolutely the most requested cookie in my house of three boys. We all love the buttery, brown sugary goodness.

And, once you get addicted to Butterscotch Chip Pudding Cookies, I totally encourage you to play with different combinations of pudding and chip flavors. I actually started with making the BEST chocolate chip cookies with vanilla pudding mix and chocolate chips. Soooo completely, totally yummy and soft.



Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter (two sticks), softened
  • 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 (3.4 oz) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/2 cups flour (I use a mix of 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 white flour)
  • 2 cups butterscotch chips


Method

Step 1: Preheat oven to 375ºF (conventional oven) or 325ºF (convection oven). I use convection.

Step 2: In a large mixing bowl cream together butter, white sugar, brown sugar, pudding mix, baking soda, vanilla and eggs.

Step 3: Continue mixing and gradually begin adding in 1/2 cup of flour at a time until all 2 1/2 cups are combined.

Step 4: Add butterscotch chips to the dough. You can try to stir them in with a wooden spoon. I prefer to knead the chips into the dough with my clean hands.

Step 5: Drop teaspoons of dough onto your favorite cookie sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart.   I use the Oxo 1055893 Good Grips Medium Cookie Scoop to get easy, even-sized cookies..

Step 6: Bake on the middle rack for 9-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top.

Step 7: Allow to cool on a rack and serve warm or at room temperature.