Thursday, January 9, 2014

Raspberry Jam Muffins with White Chocolate Chips


One berry, two berry, pick me a Blueberry!"
Hatberry, Shoeberry in my Canoeberry;
Under the bridge and over the dam,
Looking for Berries - Berries for Jam
From Jamberry Poem by Bruce Degen
The happy, snappy Jamberry poem runs through my head EVERY time I make my Raspberry Jam Muffins with White Chocolate. 
I love these muffins. Let me list a few reasons why:
1. White chocolate chips
2. Super easy to make
3. Kids LOVE them so much they actually say "thank you" when I make them
4. White chocolate chips
Raspberry Jam Muffins with White Chocolate are actually inspired by a Cooking Light recipe I found ages ago. I sabotaged the recipe a bit with the handful of white chocolate chips, but I am very choosey about the jam I use. I choose organic, low-sugar, high-quality, lumpy-bumpy-fruit-filled jam.  And, feel free to mix it up on the flavor of your jam berries. Raspberry, strawberry, blackberry, etc. I've even used my homemade blueberry and raspberry-currant freezer jams.
You can find more of my favorite and fun baking recipes like Lemon Cheesecake Muffins and Chocolate Chip Banana Bread at Eating with Angie.
Ingredients
  • Standard muffin pan with 12 paper liners
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 large egg
  • 2/3 cup vanilla fat-free Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 1/4 cup non-fat milk
  • 1/3 cup jam
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Instructions
Step 1: Preheat oven to 375°F (350°F convection)
Step 2: Insert 12 paper lines into a muffin pan.
Step 3: Combine flour through salt in a mixing bowl.
Step 4: Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Whisk in the egg then add in yogurt, melted butter and milk.
Step 5: Stir the wet and dry ingredients together just until moist.  The batter will be very thick.
Step 6: Gently fold in jam and white chocolate chips. It should look like a jam ribbon weaving in and out rather than purple/pink colored batter.
Step 7: Spoon batter into muffin cups. Each will be about 2/3 full.
Step 8: Bake for 15-17 minutes until muffins are golden brown and spring up when lightly pressed with your finger.
Step 9: Use a butter knife to pop muffins out of the pan and allow to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from wrappers and enjoy!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. these are SO happening this weekend.
    Victoria @ Lost in Boston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait definitely i will try it today oly yummy and poem is awesome...:-)

    ReplyDelete