Thursday, January 23, 2014

Super Easy Fondue for Super Bowl Sunday


Are you ready for some football? Appetizers? 
I have to admit that I'm just as excited about the Super Bowl food and the commercials as I am about watching the game. 
Easy, cheesy, Parmesan Fondue is a crowd-pleasing game winner at any gathering. My 11-year-old is obsessed with it. He insists that Parmesan Fondue has a place at every special occasion. And, I never disagree.
This recipe serves a crowd of fondue lovers. You’ll want 2-3 thinly sliced sourdough baguettes to handle all of the gooey goodness. My family can’t always wait for a crowd or an excuse, so I have been known to halve the recipe and make a family batch. No need to keep it warm in a fondue pot, because we eat it sooo fast.
Looking for more appetizer recipe ideas? Check out my appetizers page at Eating with Angie.  Buffalo Chicken Rolls or Grilled Chicken Wings are always at the top of our list. 
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups milk (nonfat works just fine)
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, cubed (don't skimp...no reduced fat )
  • 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese (not powder…but I do use the pre-grated Parmesan)
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (or 1/8 tsp garlic powder and 3/8 tsp salt)
  • 2-3 sourdough baguettes, thinly sliced
Instructions
1. Whisk together milk and cream cheese in a medium saucepan or electric fondue pot on low heat.
2. When cream cheese is melted, add Parmesan cheese and garlic salt.  Stir occasionally until Parmesan is melted and mixed into the fondue.
3. If using a sauce pan, pour warm fondue into a bowl or mini slow-cooker and serve with baguette. If you have a fun fondue pot, turn the heat to its lowest setting and serve right out of the pot.



http://www.eatingwithangie.com/